Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where now?

After a second tutorial with Kasper and Edwin, I have decided to write a post to clarify to myself possible areas of research and direction. So my initial fascination was a dynamic relationship between image and sound... My research has lead me to human perception and the senses. I spoke of my 'cosmic' experience and my view of the universe to my teachers, Kasper suggested that I try and explore the experience in terms of my senses and see where it leads me. He also said that if I wanted to present the experience or try and extend the senses in the form of an artwork, I could either go in one of two ways: present an overwhelming display including all senses at the risk of it becoming a circus, or focus in on one sense (maybe two?).

Edwin read my last posts and is keen for me to start doing some artistic experimentation very soon. He summed up our conversation and my blog entries with a few areas.... and from his summary I have edited some areas to focus on: 1) The theory that the universe is linked, or extend on what I meant my the universe as a superorganism. 2) My own experience in relation to my theory of the universe. 3) Possible ways of artistically presenting the universe beyond our own senses- possibly start with the electromagnetic spectrum.

I am quite interested in the theory that our ideas of the universe or just life in general is completely masked by our own experience and influences, and this probably occurs by chance. What makes this interesting is that communication technology and the media completely bombards us with information all the time and does this blur our judgement.

No comments: